Consider you are working on diagnosing a fault in a vehicle and there comes a need to disable some of the CAN message, one can do so by communication control (0x28) service.
Different subfunctions supported communication control are
Important points about communication control
- The data parameters in the request message would depend on the sub-function selected.
- The two data parameters for communication control are
- Communication Type
- Node Identification Number
- A node identification number is used when a subfunction with Enhanced address information is selected which otherwise is optional
- Communication Type is required for all the sub-functions selected and can be a value designed by the Engineer/designer/architect
- The communication type is described below
Examples of message flow
Consider the request message from a client to enable Rx and Tx messaged from network management nodes
Positive response message
Negative response message